New Product Development
Add Efficiency, Visibility and Collaboration to your Product Development Process
Learn how to dramatically improve the results of your new product development efforts!
We have created a New Product Development Solution that can significantly enhance your business. If you are using a stage and gate process now, we can dramatically improve your performance and profitability—you don’t have to change your process or your documents!
If you are seeking assistance developing a new product development process, MindMatters can help! We have created a New Product Development Process Template that can be modified to work in almost any industry, saving you tens of thousands of dollars in development time and resources.
Once you experience our solution – INNOVATOR Express, you will discover methods to improve your current NPD process in ways you never imagined!
Learn How to:
- Automate your New Product Development Process
- Accelerate your speed to market—Concept thru Completion
- Provide an instant view into the progress and value of your New Product Development pipeline
- Target your innovation efforts to achieve the greatest ROI
- Increase your innovation throughput
- Enhance engagement and collaboration within your entire New Product Development process
A secure web based SaaS solution
Experience the benefits INNOVATOR Express can deliver to your NPD process!
Accelerate Your New Product Development
Learn More about Super Charging your NPD Process
Customized to your process
INNOVATOR Express – A Concept through Completion automated NPD Solution comprised of three integrated components
Discovery – Target your innovation efforts to the areas that generate the greatest ROI.
Stage & Gate – Automate your stage and gate process to increase speed-to-market while providing instant progress and value updates to management.
Invention Management – Identify, capture and track your intellectual property to provide faster and safer throughput of your new inventions.
Energize and accelerate your innovation efforts with the Flagpole Idea Management solution
- Uncover new market and product opportunities.
- Challenge your employees and others to discover the best solutions.
- Allow collaboration to enhance and strengthen the best ideas.
- Review, analyze, and move the best ideas forward.
- One click of the mouse turns approved new product ideas into stage and gate projects utilizing our integrated StageTrak solution.
Automate your innovation program, with Flagpole it’s easy to:
- Submit new ideas—new products, enhancements, product extensions, etc…
- Discover new opportunities—new markets, identifying and solving customer problems, etc…
- Organize, classify and group ideas for easy review and disposition.
- Create an idea repository for easy searching, locating and linking of similar or complementary ideas.
- Evaluate the progress and success of your program with many standard management reports.
- Easily convert approved ideas into StageTrak for further stage and gate evaluation and implementation.
“The MindMatters solution is the catalyst for generating growth opportunities and new sources of revenue.”
VP Science & Technology, PPG Industries
Did you know Employee Engagement is at the lowest rate ever? Whether you realize it or not, productivity at your company directly correlates to how your employees feel about coming to work. Recent studies show Employee Engagement at American companies is around 29%, the lowest level since they began tracking it in the 90’s.
Experts and consultants abound with suggestions for improving morale and engagement in the long term. But what can you do RIGHT NOW to increase employee engagement at your company?
There are five fast, easy things you can implement today to start impacting Employee Engagement.
Since the 1990’s, and the introduction of Microsoft Excel, new product development teams across the world have relied on the spreadsheet to collect, calculate and forecast the data that determines whether or not a new product idea is implemented or killed. Over the years, new product development teams have customized spreadsheets specifically for their company’s manufacturing processes, outsourcing requirements, industry, markets, competitors, and finances, in order to manage the commercialization of new products and services.
Spreadsheets have served the new product development function well. They are universally accepted, utilized by the majority of businesses worldwide, and are industry-standard tools that are easily customized to accommodate the individual nuances of each business. While spreadsheets will continue to be the chosen tool of new product development teams, there are many shortcomings when they are used to manage new product development projects.
Discover how these shortcomings created an opportunity to develop an entirely new solution that dramatically improves the efficiency, visibility and collaboration within the new product development process.
“StageTrak is very customizable to your needs. Once it’s up and running it’s pretty intuitive. It’s much simpler to operate than most of its competitors.”
John Stowell, Director of Innovation, Zep Inc.
Making the right decisions on the best new projects is critical. At the same time, speed-to-market can make or break a new product introduction. Optimizing your stage and gate process with StageTrak will help you deliver the best new products in the shortest time-frame.
- Save valuable time converting ideas into stage and gate projects; all approved idea information, drawings, attachments, descriptions, analysis information, etc… are instantly converted to StageTrak for time-saving project setup.
- Accelerate set-up time—your process templates are easily applied to each project at setup.
- Customize to your stage and gate process with your documents, deliverables and analysis criteria. You are not reinventing the wheel, you are making it better and faster!
- Transform your existing spreadsheets into a collaborative project and portfolio management system
- Expedite tasks with automatic alerts and e-mails.
- Easy access to all project documents, deliverables and analysis forms organized on one project dashboard.
- Instant feedback on the progress and value of your NPD pipeline with portfolio and progress reports.
- View and compare key decision points from selected projects on one portfolio report for faster and more accurate decision making.
- Track your projects and tasks from your own personal “My Projects” Dashboard.
- Collaborate with all team members and assign new tasks as the need arises.
- Need to create a new stage and gate process? We can help! Use our new product development process templates and modify them for your business.
It is now a race to the US Patent and Trademark office. With the advent of the first-to-file ruling, it’s more critical than ever to accelerate your invention and patent application process. Win the race by automating your invention process with PatPend!
- Save valuable time converting ideas into invention disclosures; all approved idea information, drawings, attachments, descriptions, etc… are instantly converted to PatPend for time-saving invention disclosure submission.
- Expedite the patent review process. Automatic alerts and e-mails keep the process on track.
- Customize with your process and workflows.
- Easy access to all documents, deliverables and analysis forms for patent review meetings organized on one Patent Review Dashboard.
- Assign tasks and deadlines at any time to expedite the process.
- Instant feedback on the progress and value of your invention disclosure and patent application pipeline with portfolio and progress reports.
- Track your invention disclosures, patent applications and tasks from your own personal “My IP” Dashboard.
To begin the process, MindMatters spent time analyzing the current workflow through the Intellectual Property Department, and mapped and refined the entire legal process. In addition to streamlining the process, the new system allowed patent attorneys to visualize their entire docket of inventions throughout the overall process. Attorneys were able to search through disclosure documents and patent applications, review individual scores and comments, and utilize control over the whole disclosure portfolio.
Since incoming inventions were initially distributed to patent attorneys based on department and expertise, it was easy to see the entire portfolio. Whereas in the past, preparing for patent review meetings meant days of copying documents and assembling “patent books,” it was now possible with the press of a button. “INNOVATOR™ allowed the IP attorneys to develop a new process for the review meetings.” Patent Attorney Dennis Millman said, “It acts as a bulletin board to see all ideas coming in. It’s very helpful to us; we can find things faster.”
“”The MindMatters software has really worked out for our team. It has enabled us to develop a process that effectively mines the innovative thoughts of R&D. Our invention disclosure count is through the roof compared to pre-MindMatters numbers.””
Take advantage of our Free White Papers, Best Practices and Innovation Research Studies.
John Stowell, Director of Innovation, Zep Inc.
"StageTrak is very customizable to your needs. Once it's up and running it's pretty intuitive. It's much simpler to operate than most of its competitors."
"Flagpole offers novel social marketing techniques to partner and collaborate with the National Poison Control Center community."
Tom Mauss, Chief Executive Officer
"We were impressed with MindMatters’ entire Step by Step Innovation process. They helped us identify areas where we might fail, and successfully navigated around those obstacles."
Gregg Edwards, Chief People Officer
"Allows us to not only capitalize on the brilliance of our employees, but also to collaborate on organizational issues in a much more engaging, satisfying way."
Director of R&D
"The MindMatters software has really worked out for our team. It has enabled us to develop a process that effectively mines the innovative thoughts of R&D. Our invention disclosure count is through the roof compared to pre-MindMatters numbers."