Intellectual Property Assessment
The goal of MindMatters’ Intellectual Property Assessment program is to dramatically improve the identification, tracking, processing, security and protection of an organization’s intellectual property.
We use the feedback and information we discover in our assessment, combined with over a decade of experience in developing innovation and IP protection programs for some of the largest most innovative companies in the world to provide management with a comprehensive set of recommendations to align corporate culture and improve on the identification, tracking, processing, security, and protection of your most valuable asset – Intellectual Property.
Using MindMatters’ proprietary model, interviews and surveys are conducted with key executives, R&D managers, inventors, engineers, internal and external IP attorneys, patent review committee members, and others to develop a plan for improving your processes while ensuring the security and protection of your IP Assets.
- We identify the type of intellectual property that exists and is being created.
- We examine past and present processes, security methodologies and procedures, information workflows, and suggestions for improvement.
- We examine the overall characteristics of your industry, your business, your goals and objectives.
- We analyze your current processes for collecting, tracking, and processing your intellectual property.
The intent is to solicit feedback and input from a wide range of individuals concerning the various processes and systems within the areas of the organization that impact your intellectual property with the aim of:
- Assessing the corporate culture as it relates to intellectual property
- Evaluating past intellectual property failures and successes to ensure future success
- Uncovering possible areas of failure so that they can be corrected. Areas such as unsecured data, insufficient security clearances, untracked information, incomplete or inefficient processes, unprotected trade secrets, etc…
- Examining your “IP success” to determine ways to enhance and build upon your previous achievements
- Determining whether both management and employees are aligned with their understanding of what constitutes intellectual property, and agree on its significant importance and value to the organization
- Understanding the current IP collection and tracking process from innovation conception through the various internal steps and processes
- Assessing the specific oversight and security issues and policies as it pertains to overall intellectual property protection
- Gaining any additional feedback and knowledge that will aid in providing recommendations that will ensure future IP success
At the end of our Intellectual Property Assessment, we provide management with the results of our assessment, as well as, a comprehensive set of recommendations for achieving your organization’s desired IP success, security and protection:
- We outline the current state of the organization’s intellectual property – the good and the bad news.
- We uncover the possible misalignment of management’s and employees’ understanding and appreciation of its intellectual property.
- We determine if your trade secrets satisfy the legal requirements.
- We bring to the surface possible inefficient workflows and processes.
- We uncover security issues as they pertain to your intellectual property.
We use the feedback and information we discovered in our assessment, combined with over a decade of experience in developing innovation and IP protection programs for some of the largest most innovative companies in the world to provide management with a comprehensive set of recommendations to align corporate culture and improve on the identification, tracking, processing, security, and protection of your most valuable asset – Intellectual Property.
- As a stakeholder in your organization’s future, are you absolutely sure your intellectual property is properly protected?
- Are you sure everyone is on the same page as to what constitutes intellectual property?
- Are you sure that critical invention disclosure information is being identified, logged, tracked and processed as efficiently and securely as possible?
- Are you sure your systems have accounted for all possible security measures when providing access to intellectual property?
- Are you sure that you meet all the legal requirements that define a Trade Secret?
- Are you sure that you have implemented the necessary policies, systems and security to avoid legal disputes or significantly reduce the cost of them if they arise?
If the answer is “NO” to any of the questions above—can you afford to wait?
Free ResearchTake advantage of our Free White Papers, Best Practices and Innovation Research Studies.
John Stowell, Director of Innovation, Zep Inc.
"StageTrak is very customizable to your needs. Once it's up and running it's pretty intuitive. It's much simpler to operate than most of its competitors."
"Flagpole offers novel social marketing techniques to partner and collaborate with the National Poison Control Center community."
Tom Mauss, Chief Executive Officer
"We were impressed with MindMatters’ entire Step by Step Innovation process. They helped us identify areas where we might fail, and successfully navigated around those obstacles."
Gregg Edwards, Chief People Officer
"Allows us to not only capitalize on the brilliance of our employees, but also to collaborate on organizational issues in a much more engaging, satisfying way."
Director of R&D
"The MindMatters software has really worked out for our team. It has enabled us to develop a process that effectively mines the innovative thoughts of R&D. Our invention disclosure count is through the roof compared to pre-MindMatters numbers."
In 2002, 8,254 civil cases related to intellectual property theft were filed in U.S. courts.
U.S. Department of Justice
The fastest-growing U.S. companies tend to foster innovation.
Harnessing Innovation, PriceWaterhouse Coopers
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
All told, 69 percent of the executives who participated ranked innovation as one of their company’s top-three strategic priorities.
Boston Consulting Group Survey
Intellect and innovation are the sources of virtually all economic value, growth, and strategic edge today.
James Brian Quinn, Professor of Management, Dartmouth College
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Dr. Alan Kay, Disney Imagineering
One of the cornerstones of successful innovation is the use of Timed Challenges™, a concept originated by MindMatters Technologies that helps guarantee innovation results. Timed Challenges combine the best of business processes and psychology to insure that your organization can rapidly tap the latent intellectual knowledge of your workforce. The Timed Challenge uses: Focused […]read more