The fact is that every organization is different and requires different types of decisions to be made regarding different types of ideas.
To complicate matters, most decisions require that different questions are asked of people with the correct experience, i.e., technical people answering technical questions, financial people answering financial questions, marketing people answering marketing questions.
With the INNOVATOR™ Enterprise Management System, this is easily administered by setting up rules based on a myriad of parameters such as innovation type, review status, department, or expertise. Ideas are quickly filtered and sent to the appropriate individuals or groups using the correct criteria.
Key Features Include:
- You choose the evaluators, experts and decision makers.
- You choose the evaluation criteria.
- You choose the weighting and importance of the evaluation criteria.
- You choose the decision process and workflow of information.
- You choose the required analysis results for reports and proposals.
- customized to your decision processes – simple or complex – it doesn’t matter!
- Scalable and flexible workflows for review committees, project groups, development teams, etc… can be created.
- The system supports thousands of automated events.
INNOVATOR Enterprise’s powerful workflow engine creates a managed workflow and decision process for streamlining your innovation analysis and decision making.
Breakthrough ideas will only create new value and revenue if you’re able to capitalize on them faster than your competition. However, speed requires that you minimize “non-core” innovation so that you can match your resources with the most promising projects.
By giving form, discipline, and structure to your review process, MindMatters helps you avoid costly false steps, misdirected energy, and other inefficiencies. We help you manage your innovation resources wisely and profitably.
Performing timely reviews is one of the most important aspects of an effective innovation management program. With extensive review committee functions, it has never been easier to manage the entire review process.
Key Features Include:
- Process and Workflow
- The scalability and flexibility of INNOVATOR Enterprise Review Committee processes and workflow is unmatched in the industry.
- Analysis – Guarantee your ROI
- Your analysis is all about making the right decisions. Does your new innovation achieve your desired ROI? INNOVATOR™ Enterprise provides you with the tools to make intellegent decisions, efficiently and effectively.
Process and Workflow
Using our specialized business process workflow engine, nearly any review process can be configured, whether it is hierarchical, linear or a combination. Rules that determine how and when ideas are moved between various review committees help speed the process.
The scalability and flexibility of INNOVATOR Enterprise Review Committee processes and workflow is unmatched in the industry.
Key Features Include:
- INNOVATOR Enterprise is customized to your decision processes – simple or complex – it doesn’t matter!
- Review Committees can be established by department, location, business unit, type of innovation, idea or solution, type of Timed-Challenge™, etc…
- Inventors, experts, key decision makers, others can make up a Review Committee.
- Virtually an unlimited quantity of review committees can be established.
- Review Committees can be customized to your review process – multiple departments evaluating the same idea working in parallel. Example: Finance, Engineering and Marketing evaluating the same idea simultaneously with different review criteria – or a linear progression by which each idea must pass a more stringent review evaluation at each stage before moving to the next.
- Different review processes for different departments, locations, business units, innovations, challenges, etc…
- Stage and Gate review process – optional – all tasks, analysis and decisions must be completed before moving to next stage.
- Rules that determine how and when ideas are moved between various review committees can be manual or automatic.
- INNOVATOR Enterprise allows tasks to be assigned to inventors, review committees, groups, and others in your organization.
- Tasks are created either automatically by INNOVATOR Enterprise based on a pre-determined workflow, or manually by a user or review committee.
- Tasks can be assigned to one or many users.
- Newly assigned tasks will show up on the assignee’s home page or “My Work Space” page with a brief description, the innovation referenced, and the due date. Select the task to view the full details.
- Review Committee Dashboard
- The dashboard contains the latest information regarding tasks, comments, analysis results, and related attachments.
- Information is presented on a single page, facilitating a streamlined review process.
Analysis - ROI
A directed innovation process is required where products and services are better able to match the true needs of the marketplace, producing high market acceptance and business results. Your analysis criteria must take these factors into account.
Is a new idea or innovation worth pursuing?
- Is there competition?
- Is there a market that will buy it?
- What are the market sales projections?
- Is there synergy with our other offerings?
- Can we economically produce it?
- How much will it cost to produce?
- What are the price points?
- What is the projected gross margin?
- How long before introduction?
- What is our Return on Investment?
These are just some of the important questions you must answer to make an informed decision.
To make improvements to your decision process, sensitivity analysis can be used to determine which analysis factors have the most impact, so that your decision process continues to become more streamlined and efficient.
Performing an Innovation Analysis
Measure your ideas/innovations against the standardized question set established by your organization. It provides a standard against which all submissions are equally compared.
Unlimited sets of analysis questions can be established based on the type of innovation under review, and the scope of the review committee – finance, marketing, engineering, etc…
Questions can be weighted based on importance to provide a quantitative analysis score. This score can then be used to judge future success of the innovation.
Ideas/Innovations can be forwarded for analysis to “Experts” or other users for a more diverse sampling.
Use your Analysis results to achieve your target ROI. Analysis results are weighted and scored based on the review committees’ answers and the importance of the question set.
Dashboard Analysis Results
- The dashboard contains the latest information on review committee analysis results with easy access to comments and related attachments.
- The dashboard presents this information on a single page facilitating a streamlined review process.
The Analysis is all about making the right decision.
- INNOVATOR Enterprise will automatically make the decision to go to the next stage of the review process based on the predefined criteria you established, or you make the decision to proceed to the next stage.
Does your new innovation achieve your desired ROI? INNOVATOR Enterprise gives you the tools to answer this important question.
- Using your evaluation criteria, your defined decision process and workflow, and your experts – INNOVATOR Enterprise makes your decision process easy and accurate.
Take advantage of our Free White Papers, Best Practices and Innovation Research Studies.
John Stowell, Director of Innovation, Zep Inc.
"StageTrak is very customizable to your needs. Once it's up and running it's pretty intuitive. It's much simpler to operate than most of its competitors."
"Flagpole offers novel social marketing techniques to partner and collaborate with the National Poison Control Center community."
Tom Mauss, Chief Executive Officer
"We were impressed with MindMatters’ entire Step by Step Innovation process. They helped us identify areas where we might fail, and successfully navigated around those obstacles."
Gregg Edwards, Chief People Officer
"Allows us to not only capitalize on the brilliance of our employees, but also to collaborate on organizational issues in a much more engaging, satisfying way."
Director of R&D
"The MindMatters software has really worked out for our team. It has enabled us to develop a process that effectively mines the innovative thoughts of R&D. Our invention disclosure count is through the roof compared to pre-MindMatters numbers."
In 2002, 8,254 civil cases related to intellectual property theft were filed in U.S. courts.
U.S. Department of Justice
The fastest-growing U.S. companies tend to foster innovation.
Harnessing Innovation, PriceWaterhouse Coopers
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
All told, 69 percent of the executives who participated ranked innovation as one of their company’s top-three strategic priorities.
Boston Consulting Group Survey
Intellect and innovation are the sources of virtually all economic value, growth, and strategic edge today.
James Brian Quinn, Professor of Management, Dartmouth College
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Dr. Alan Kay, Disney Imagineering
One of the cornerstones of successful innovation is the use of Timed Challenges™, a concept originated by MindMatters Technologies that helps guarantee innovation results. Timed Challenges combine the best of business processes and psychology to insure that your organization can rapidly tap the latent intellectual knowledge of your workforce. The Timed Challenge uses: Focused […]read more