Create an environment where employee engagement, motivation, and collaboration come together to make innovation faster and more profitable.
Tapping the talents and expertise of employees sparks the big ideas on which your future depends. The most innovative companies derive upwards of 30% of their revenue from innovation developed within the last five years. Incremental improvements and product extensions may keep you in the game, but they don’t drive profits or increase market share. In today’s hyper-competitive business climate, you can’t afford to wait for innovation to happen. Tools like our INNOVATOR™ Enterprise Management System serve as a catalyst for turning the talents and expertise of your employees into innovation. Our solutions help raise individual visibility while cutting through the corporate clutter that too often hampers innovation and lowers motivation.
- Create your own “Social Innovation Network”
- Align with employees, partners, and customers to solve new challenges
- Inspire new ideas for products, improvements, savings, and projects
- Promote collaboration across your company
- Manage ideas and feedback from your web community
- Communicate progress with the entire company as well as senior level executives
If you value your employees’ productivity levels, then show them that you value their input, suggestions, and ideas.
When workers feel like their thoughts and contributions matter to management and impact the direction of the company, then they are much more likely to be invested in your overall success and development. Tapping the talents and expertise of employees sparks the innovations on which your future depends.
Key Features Include:
- Capture ideas and new innovations from employees, vendors, customers and partners.
- Create an on-going stream of new ideas and solutions to solve organizational challenges through targeted campaigns.
- Broadcast new idea campaigns to the entire company, individual business units, or external parties
- Easily capture the information you want to solve your organizational challenges.
- Catalog new ideas, innovations, and solutions by business units, departments, locations, idea types, etc…
- Search keywords to locate ideas, innovations, and solutions quickly and easily.
- Attach electronic supporting documents, files, images, web links, etc… to your ideas, innovations and solutions.
- Check duplicate Ideas with the Similar Idea Checker, this saves valuable time and reduces redundancies
- Maintain your own “My Idea/Innovation” file folder to instantly check the status of your submitted ideas, innovations and solutions.
- Easily view the status, comments added, and the vote count of your ideas, innovations and solutions.
- View the activity on each of your idea/innovation submissions.
- Reply to comments and join in on on-line conversations about your ideas and the ideas of others.
- Shared or private idea submission.
- Optional anonymous idea submission.
- Add additional Inventors/Contributors to innovations and solutions.
- Link related ideas and innovations to enhance the overall solution
- Merge related ideas and innovations combining all the details into one solution.
- Mark ideas and innovations as intellectual property to ensure the security of your innovations.
Innovation campaigns are more successful when you target a desired audience for a specific challenge in a defined timeframe.
Target your Timed-Challenge™ to solve specific organizational requirements:
- Create efficiencies or process improvements
- Develop new products or services
- Enhance existing products or services
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Reduce costs
Generating unique ideas that solve specific organizational challenges has never been easier or faster than with MindMatters Technology’s patent pending methodology – Timed Challenges.
Key Features Include:
- Craft your own Timed-Challenges to engage your employees to solve the challenges that are most important to your organization.
- Challenges can be created for different departments or business units, different types of innovations, or different groups of internal or external parties.
- Each challenge can be associated with different review committees, workflows, security, and input forms, while still being handled from a single administration point.
- Review committee criteria and definitions are created along with the challenge.
- Easy one-click entry of previously submitted ideas, innovations, and solutions.
- Challenges are broadcast to the entire company or select internal or external audiences by INNOVATOR’s internal e-mail address book, and INNOVATOR’s home page.
Employee Input Has Incredible Value
If you value productivity, then show your team that you also value their input, suggestions, and ideas.
When your employees understand how much their contributions matter to management, impact the direction of the company, and actually solve real problems, things change dramatically — Employees invest themselves in your success and development; a huge plus for employee engagement.
MindMatters helps you link company wins directly to employee ideas and communicate the good news right back to the employees.
INNOVATOR Enterprise has many features that keep your employees engaged in the innovation process.
Key Features Include:
- Home Page Engagement Features
- Fully Customizable to your company’s look and feel, display the information you want.
- Notifies each user of the active Timed-Challenges that should be responded to.
- Displays the “Hottest” new innovations and ideas displayed on your home page.
- Displays Innovation Highlights – Creates competition within your company
- Displays results for Top Categories
- Top Department
- Top Location
- Most Prolific
- Most Innovations
- The Showcase is an area where different departments and/or locations can “showcase” their most promising, interesting, and important innovations
- Breakthrough Challenges – Performance data on existing challenges are displayed
- Innovation Notices – notices automatically sent to your Home Page or “My Work Space” Page
- New comments added to your ideas/innovations
- A request to perform an analysis on an idea/innovation or solution
Requested search results have been found
- A “Collaboration Agent” has been found
- Other notices
- Track your “Reward Status”
- Your “Frequent Flyer” report
- Incentive and Recognition – Rewards stimulate engagement
- Customized to your programs
- Reward Points
- Accumulate points based on defined actions
- Cash in points for rewards
- Education center
- The Education Center is an administrator configurable page that allows company-specific links and documents to be commonly located for display to the user community.
- The Education Center can display any type of information that the company feels will educate and benefit their users.
Through the power of collaboration – and aligning the right resources with a problem – you can drive remarkable results that can be tracked and repeated. When you encourage employee innovation and collaboration, employee engagement skyrockets.
The INNOVATOR™ Enterprise System has many features that keep your employees collaborating and engaged in the innovation process.
Key Features Include:
- Sharing Comments
- Provide comments on the ideas, innovations and solutions submitted by others. Reply to comments made by others to create an on-line conversation about the submitted idea, innovation or solution.
- Request comments from others on your ideas, innovations, and solutions. Review Committee members can ask for comments on submitted ideas, innovations, and solutions.
- Voting Users can vote on submitted ideas, innovations and solutions.
- Thumbs up/down
- Thumbs up
- No voting
- Peer review
- Send your shared or private innovations to others for review.
- Allowing others to analyze your innovation makes a stronger submission and proves your concept more convincingly.
- Collaboration Agents
- Set up an “automatic” collaboration agent based on keywords that searches the entire INNOVATOR database for new items that match your interests.
- Find the Expert
- Easily and automatically find experts within your organization who can help you improve and analyze your innovation.
- Send your innovation to experts, specific individuals, or review committees.
- Review Request
- Forward your idea/innovation to others for review and comments
- My Profile
- Build your own profile with your prior innovations, expertise, research, publications, interests, etc…
- “Find the Expert” feature automatically searches your information to match you to other ideas/innovations
- Allows others to find you as the “Expert” to request your comments, review, analysis, and collaboration.
- My To-Do-List
- Requests for expert analysis, comments, vote or assigned tasks automatically are added to your “My To-Do-List”
Free ResearchTake advantage of our Free White Papers, Best Practices and Innovation Research Studies.
John Stowell, Director of Innovation, Zep Inc.
"StageTrak is very customizable to your needs. Once it's up and running it's pretty intuitive. It's much simpler to operate than most of its competitors."
"Flagpole offers novel social marketing techniques to partner and collaborate with the National Poison Control Center community."
Tom Mauss, Chief Executive Officer
"We were impressed with MindMatters’ entire Step by Step Innovation process. They helped us identify areas where we might fail, and successfully navigated around those obstacles."
Gregg Edwards, Chief People Officer
"Allows us to not only capitalize on the brilliance of our employees, but also to collaborate on organizational issues in a much more engaging, satisfying way."
Director of R&D
"The MindMatters software has really worked out for our team. It has enabled us to develop a process that effectively mines the innovative thoughts of R&D. Our invention disclosure count is through the roof compared to pre-MindMatters numbers."
In 2002, 8,254 civil cases related to intellectual property theft were filed in U.S. courts.
U.S. Department of Justice
The fastest-growing U.S. companies tend to foster innovation.
Harnessing Innovation, PriceWaterhouse Coopers
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
All told, 69 percent of the executives who participated ranked innovation as one of their company’s top-three strategic priorities.
Boston Consulting Group Survey
Intellect and innovation are the sources of virtually all economic value, growth, and strategic edge today.
James Brian Quinn, Professor of Management, Dartmouth College
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Dr. Alan Kay, Disney Imagineering
One of the cornerstones of successful innovation is the use of Timed Challenges™, a concept originated by MindMatters Technologies that helps guarantee innovation results. Timed Challenges combine the best of business processes and psychology to insure that your organization can rapidly tap the latent intellectual knowledge of your workforce. The Timed Challenge uses: Focused […]read more