“The MindMatters software has really worked out for our team. It has enabled us to develop a process that effectively mines the innovative thoughts of R&D. Our invention disclosure count is through the roof compared to pre-MindMatters numbers. -Director of Research Medical Devices”
Intellectual Property should be managed to create maximum value, and your invention process is a critical factor in your competitive position. It is vital to your company to facilitate faster throughput between business, legal, and technical groups to get your innovation to market faster.
Manage your entire Invention Process
One click of the mouse turns an approved idea or innovation into an invention disclosure. PatPend allows you to easily create, review, and manage your organization’s invention disclosure and intellectual property process.
PatPend can manage this process by facilitating faster throughput and accountability. A user-configured, IP-specific workflow process assigns potential IP to any number of various Portfolio Managers, IP Attorneys, Patent Agents, and Reviewers—all while creating tasks and documenting where the IP is in the process, and the next steps.
Key Features Include:
- The only innovation system that truly manages the idea/innovation process, the project management and implementation process, as well as, the invention disclosure process.
- Best practices in innovation, project management, and invention disclosure management.
- Creates efficiencies for inventors, patent review members, IP department, and internal and external IP counsel.
- Easily captures inventions along with all supporting documents.
- Guide invention disclosures through user-defined workflows/patent review processes for witnessing, reviewing, and task management.
- Collaboration between internal employees, external contributors, outside counsel, and other groups, all controlled with the highest level of security, creates a dynamic and interactive environment for your intellectual property.
The inventors are the drivers for your process. While inventing is critical to your organization’s long-term success, the process of creativity is something that can’t be forced. Give your inventors the tools they need to simplify the process and improve participation.
PatPend is designed to give inventors what they want, like easy-to-use forms, duplicate searching, and progress monitoring.
Key Features for Inventors include:
- Invention Disclosure Forms are standardized to provide for consistent submissions. Auto alerts ensure all fields are completed before forwarding for review and witnessing.
- Submitting disclosures for witnessing is fast and easy.
- Advanced searching capabilities, duplicate checking, and the ability to link innovations together make life easier for the inventor.
- The My Inventions Dashboard allows inventors to conveniently manage and track their inventions, innovations, and submitted ideas.
- The Inventors Dashboard makes it easy for the inventor to track the progress of each invention disclosure through the entire patent review process.
The Patent Review Team is the heart of your IP decision process. Their expertise and speed are what determines not only the volume, but also the quality of your invention pipeline. Making sure that submitted inventions are “reviewer ready” reduces wasted time chasing down inventors for additional invention information, details, and insures completeness.
Our solution also provides your patent team with the processes and tools to expertly review incoming inventions, guaranteeing a high-quality stream of intellectual property.
Key Features for Patent Review include:
- PatPend accommodates invention disclosure workflows, processes, and analysis procedures.
- Using our workflow process, the patent review process can be configured. The system provides a standard review process template that can be modified and changed to accommodate your processes.
- Due dates are assigned to expedite the review process.
- Invention Disclosure forms arrive complete, saving time and money. The system’s auto alert feature insures all fields are completed by the inventor before submitting to the patent review committee.
- The Patent Review Committee Dashboard
- The dashboard contains the latest information regarding tasks, comments, and related attachments.
- Collaboration and communication is easy. Collaboration between inventors, review committee members, IP Department, outside counsel, and other groups, all controlled with the highest level of security, creates a dynamic and interactive environment for your Intellectual property.
- Tasks with start and due dates are assigned to inventors, review committee members, IP counsel and others involved in the review process and are managed from the dashboard.
The IP Department is ultimately responsible for the entire invention process. Do you have visibility into your current workflow? How many inventions are in process? How long is it taking to be reviewed? What does your portfolio look like?
PatPend gives you access into the entire process and provides, advanced reporting, IP management, and dashboard statistics.
Key Features for the IP Department include:
- PatPend provides your IP Department with visibility into the entire Invention Disclosure process.
- The IP Portal provides all the information the IP Department needs to efficiently and effectively manage the company’s Invention Disclosures.
- Collaboration and communication is easy with the IP Portal. Collaboration between internal employees, external contributors, outside counsel, and other groups, all controlled with the highest level of security, creates a dynamic and interactive environment for your Intellectual property.
- The system tracks every change made to the invention disclosure to provide an accurate audit trail for management.
- The Snapshot feature allows users to take a “snapshot” or picture of the invention disclosure at any point in time to make a permanent record of the document.
- Understanding what is in your IP portfolio is important. Advanced reporting and portfolio management reports deliver the information you need when you need it.
Free ResearchTake advantage of our Free White Papers, Best Practices and Innovation Research Studies.
John Stowell, Director of Innovation, Zep Inc.
"StageTrak is very customizable to your needs. Once it's up and running it's pretty intuitive. It's much simpler to operate than most of its competitors."
"Flagpole offers novel social marketing techniques to partner and collaborate with the National Poison Control Center community."
Tom Mauss, Chief Executive Officer
"We were impressed with MindMatters’ entire Step by Step Innovation process. They helped us identify areas where we might fail, and successfully navigated around those obstacles."
Gregg Edwards, Chief People Officer
"Allows us to not only capitalize on the brilliance of our employees, but also to collaborate on organizational issues in a much more engaging, satisfying way."
Director of R&D
"The MindMatters software has really worked out for our team. It has enabled us to develop a process that effectively mines the innovative thoughts of R&D. Our invention disclosure count is through the roof compared to pre-MindMatters numbers."
In 2002, 8,254 civil cases related to intellectual property theft were filed in U.S. courts.
U.S. Department of Justice
The fastest-growing U.S. companies tend to foster innovation.
Harnessing Innovation, PriceWaterhouse Coopers
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
All told, 69 percent of the executives who participated ranked innovation as one of their company’s top-three strategic priorities.
Boston Consulting Group Survey
Intellect and innovation are the sources of virtually all economic value, growth, and strategic edge today.
James Brian Quinn, Professor of Management, Dartmouth College
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Dr. Alan Kay, Disney Imagineering
One of the cornerstones of successful innovation is the use of Timed Challenges™, a concept originated by MindMatters Technologies that helps guarantee innovation results. Timed Challenges combine the best of business processes and psychology to insure that your organization can rapidly tap the latent intellectual knowledge of your workforce. The Timed Challenge uses: Focused […]read more