“Fast Startup, built-in Challenge Management, and Easy-to-Use interface allowed us to supercharge our innovation process.”
Create an environment where employee engagement, motivation, and collaboration come together to make innovation faster and more profitable.
Key Features Include:
- Create your own “Social Innovation Network.”
- Align with employees, partners, and customers to solve new challenges.
- Inspire new ideas for products, improvements, savings, and projects.
- Promote collaboration across your company.
- Manage ideas and feedback from your web community.
- Communicate progress with the entire company as well as senior level executives.
If you value your employees’ productivity levels, then show them that you value their input, suggestions, and ideas. When workers feel like their thoughts and contributions matter to management and impact the direction of the company, then they are much more likely to be invested in your overall success and development.
Tapping the talents and expertise of employees sparks the innovations on which your future depends.
Key Features Include:
- Capture ideas and new innovations from employees, vendors, customers and partners.
- Create an on-going stream of new ideas and solutions to solve organizational challenges through targeted campaigns.
- Broadcast new idea campaigns to the entire company, individual business units, or external parties.
- Easily capture the information you want to solve your organizational challenges.
- Catalog new ideas, innovations, and solutions by business units, departments, locations, idea types, etc…
- Search keywords in the “Word Cloud” to locate ideas, innovations, and solutions quickly and easily.
- Attach electronic supporting documents, files, images, etc… to your ideas, innovations and solutions.
- Check duplicate Ideas with the Similar Idea Checker, this saves valuable time and reduces redundancies.
- Maintain your own “My Idea/Innovation” file folder to instantly check the status of your submitted ideas, innovations and solutions.
- Easily view the status, comments added, and the vote count of your ideas, innovations and solutions.
- Reply to comments and join in on on-line conversations about your ideas and the ideas of others.
Innovation campaigns are more successful when you target a desired audience for a specific challenge in a defined timeframe. Target your Timed-Challenge to solve specific organizational requirements:
- Create efficiencies or process improvements
- Develop new products or services
- Enhance existing products or services
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Reduce costs
Generating unique ideas that solve specific organizational challenges has never been easier or faster than with MindMatters Technology’s patent pending methodology.
Key Features Include:
- Craft your own Timed-Challenges to engage your employees to solve the challenges that are most important to your organization.
- Challenges can be created for different departments or business units, different types of innovations, or different groups of internal or external parties.
- Challenges can be broadcast to the entire company, and select internal or external audiences.
Collaboration and Engagement
Through the power of collaboration, and aligning the right resources with a problem, you can drive remarkable results that can be tracked and repeated. When you encourage employee innovation and collaboration—employee engagement skyrockets!
Key Features Include:
- Collaboration and engagement are encouraged by allowing your innovation participants to:
- Provide comments on ideas, innovations and solutions submitted by others.
- Receive comments from others on your ideas, innovations and solutions.
- Reply to comments submitted by others and join in on on-line conversations.
- Vote on submitted ideas, innovations and solutions:
- Voting Choices: Thumbs up – Thumbs up/down – No voting
- View the “Hottest” and “Top” new ideas, innovations and solutions with a click of the mouse.
- Review “Approved” and “Completed” ideas, innovations and solutions easily.
Display and show off your innovation success with our Virtual Bulletin Board
- Display in company break rooms or other employee areas with flat or touch screen video panels
- Customize with your company’s logo and colors
- Showcase the “best” of your innovation program:
- “Top” new innovations and ideas
- “Top” Submitters
- “Top” ROI Submitters
- View program highlights for the previous 12 months:
- Approved Projects
- Total ROI
- User Participation
- Approved projects are highlighted in detail every 15 seconds
Idea approval made simple! Flagpole is a straight-forward easy-to-use system with a sustainable process for validating and evaluating your stream of ideas. Flagpole provides the tools that help you identify and track the measurable financial benefit of ideas and projects to your company. You’ll always know where your good ideas are coming from and what they’re worth to your organization.
Key Features Include:
- Each idea, innovation and solution can be assigned to a project manager or lead reviewer for analysis and review.
- Ideas are moved through Flagpole in a straight-forward simple process:
- In Review – Idea is under evaluation, votes and comments are being collected
- Approved – Idea can be completed in Flagpole and implemented, or
- Approved for either further stage and gate review analysis in StageTrak, or
- Approved for project implementation in StageTrak, or
- Archived – no further action at present time
- Flagpole’s unique Benefit-Tracker™ allows you to measure and identify the financial benefit or Return on Investment of each idea, innovation and solution- making approval decisions easier and more accurate.
- The Benefit-Tracker is captured in reports and offers a graphic illustration of the financial benefits of all ideas combined – making management proposals a snap
- Flagpole’s extensive list of pre-configured reports provides management with instant access to track and measure the ROI and other benefits of your program.
Reports and Proposals
It’s important that you have quick access to the status, progress and results of your idea, innovation and solution pipeline. How many users are logging in and submitting ideas? Are users collaborating – voting and commenting on ideas and solutions? What is the response to your Timed-Challenges? What is the ROI of your ideas and solutions? How many ideas and solutions have been approved and are now completed projects, and what is the financial benefit?
Flagpole provides quick and easy access to answer all of these questions and more. Incorporate these reports into your proposals and presentations.
Key Features Include:
- Flagpole offers many standard reports that provide real-time information about the success of your innovation program, here is just some of them:
- Challenge Results: Did your Timed-Challenge achieve your goals? This report provides the total number of submissions, participating users, participation rate, ROI details and more.
- Return on Investment: Does the idea or solution provide the type and amount of benefit you are seeking? The Benefit Tracker™ feature allows you to identify and report on the benefits that have the most impact to your business – ROI in dollars, customer satisfaction, reduced costs, increased efficiency, etc…
- Real-Time Monitor: Is participation and activity where you want it? Statistics by week, month, last 30-60-90 days, monthly, yearly. Logins, ideas, comments, current logged in users and more.
- Innovation Throughput: Are your ideas and solutions getting processed fast enough? Review the total ideas submitted, the ideas and solutions at each stage, and the average days at each stage.
- Metrics Summary: Need a quick look at your program’s statistics, just click on the metrics icon found on several Flagpole pages. Get a quick overview your innovation program’s activity and benefit details.
- User Statistics: Are you interested in the activity of particular users? Review the logins, ideas, votes and comments statistics of each individual user.
- Completed Projects: What is the quantity and value of your completed projects? Drill down by category, division, location for the results of completed projects
- Make your own Report: Need a report that we don’t offer? Just download the data from the system and create your own reports.
Take advantage of our Free White Papers, Best Practices and Innovation Research Studies.
John Stowell, Director of Innovation, Zep Inc.
"StageTrak is very customizable to your needs. Once it's up and running it's pretty intuitive. It's much simpler to operate than most of its competitors."
"We avoided $750,000 in cost in North American alone last year because we're being more selective and going after better intellectual property."
"Flagpole offers novel social marketing techniques to partner and collaborate with the National Poison Control Center community."
Tom Mauss, Chief Executive Officer
"We were impressed with MindMatters’ entire Step by Step Innovation process. They helped us identify areas where we might fail, and successfully navigated around those obstacles."
"Our R&D idea submissions have tripled over the whole of the previous year."
Gregg Edwards, Chief People Officer
"Allows us to not only capitalize on the brilliance of our employees, but also to collaborate on organizational issues in a much more engaging, satisfying way."
Director of R&D
"The MindMatters software has really worked out for our team. It has enabled us to develop a process that effectively mines the innovative thoughts of R&D. Our invention disclosure count is through the roof compared to pre-MindMatters numbers."
In 2002, 8,254 civil cases related to intellectual property theft were filed in U.S. courts.
U.S. Department of Justice
The fastest-growing U.S. companies tend to foster innovation.
Harnessing Innovation, PriceWaterhouse Coopers
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
All told, 69 percent of the executives who participated ranked innovation as one of their company’s top-three strategic priorities.
Boston Consulting Group Survey
Intellect and innovation are the sources of virtually all economic value, growth, and strategic edge today.
James Brian Quinn, Professor of Management, Dartmouth College
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Dr. Alan Kay, Disney Imagineering
One of the cornerstones of successful innovation is the use of Timed Challenges™, a concept originated by MindMatters Technologies that helps guarantee innovation results. Timed Challenges combine the best of business processes and psychology to insure that your organization can rapidly tap the latent intellectual knowledge of your workforce. The Timed Challenge uses: Focused […]read more